By Nicole Yip
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Balls
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick of butter
- 1½ cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A dash of salt
- 4 ounces of chocolate
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare cake mix as instructed. Let cool.
- In a stand mixer beat butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt and mix until fully incorporated.
- Take a fork and mash your cake into crumbs.
- Slowly mix together the crumbled cake and frosting.
- Using your hands roll your cake mixture into 1.5 inch balls.
- Let them cool in your freezer for 15 minutes.
- On your stove, melt the chocolate and dip your cake balls into the melted chocolate and completely coat the balls. While your chocolate is still wet decorate your cake balls with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate your cake balls for 15 minutes and enjoy!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of Matcha Powder
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 2 cups of any mix-ins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, corn starch, and matcha powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the two sugars. Add in the melted butter.
- Slow mix in the dry mixture into the wet bowl until homogeneous. Pour in 2 cups of any mix-ins. You can do whatever you want: Oreos, white chocolate, nuts, etc.
- Pour your batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Let your blondies cool for about 20 minutes. Cut them however you please and serve.
Apple Rose Pastries
- 2 apples
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut your apples into thin slices. Put the slices into a pate and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Mix together the rest of the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Create an egg wash by combining one egg with two tablespoons of water.
- Place your puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll out your dough into a 9x12inch rectangle. Cut the sheet into 6 even pieces.
- Sprinkle each piece of dough with a generous amount of the sugar mixture. Arrange the apple slices on the top of the dough, making sure they overlap one another. Fold the bottom half of the dough over the apple slices then brush with egg wash. Sprinkle on more of the sugar mixture, Staring from one end roll up your dough so it forms a rose shape.
- Place your pastries into a buttered muffin tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Top your rose pastries with powdered sugar and enjoy!